Jan 24, 2014 9:36 AM by Elaine Sheridan and Joe Bevans
A small fire at a downtown Colorado Springs Coffee shop closed down Tejon St. early Friday morning.
The Colorado Springs Fire Department says that employees at Perk Downtown at 14 S. Tejon noticed that a microwave caught fire around 6am and when firefighters arrived on scene, the business was filled with smoke.
The fire was put out quickly however, the coffee shop will be closed until the health department can inspect it and give the ok to reopen. There were no injuries reported.
Southbound Tejon is still closed while firefighters ventilate the building.