Posted: Apr 10, 2010 8:50 AM by Associated Press
Updated: Apr 10, 2010 8:50 AM
A Metro State College student who died recently had bacterial meningitis, and state health officials are urging students at the Auraria campus to consider vaccines.
State health authorities confirmed the cause of death Friday, though the student's name and time of death have not been announced.
College students are considered at higher risk for contagious diseases because they often live in close quarters.
The director of the Health Center at Auraria, Steve Monaco, says people with flulike symptoms should get medical care quickly.
Students are urged to consider the $115 vaccine, though it's not required by the school.