News

Oct 8, 2012 7:08 PM by Kate Richards

Man remains in critical condition after carbon monoxide poisoning

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) - Investigators are trying to determine the source of a carbon monoxide leak that killed one person at a Colorado Springs apartment complex and left a man in critical condition.

Authorities say they were called to the Vista Peak Apartments in the eastern part of the city around noon Sunday after several people reported feeling sick with symptoms associated with carbon monoxide poisoning. The carbon monoxide alarms in several apartments also were going off.

A hazardous materials team was called, and the apartments were evacuated. City officials say the property manager provided overnight accommodations to nine families as a precaution.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Most Popular

Top Videos