Jul 1, 2012 6:54 AM by Garrett Boyd
Residents of the Mountain Shadows area impacted by the Waldo Canyon Fire will be allowed to drive into and visit their properties in their personal vehicles on Sunday, July 1 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. ONLY RESIDENTS WHO LIVE WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF 30TH STREET ON THE SOUTH, CENTENNIAL BOULEVARD ON THE EAST, AND FLYING W RANCH ROAD TO THE NORTH (including the roads to the west indicated in the map) WILL BE ALLOWED ACCESS.
Arrival/Check-in from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
• Photo i.d. and proof of residency (e.g., lease, management contact, utility bill, etc.) is required.
• Check-in locations are:
• North Division (click link for map) (North of Chuckwagon Road / South of Wolfe Ranch and South of Flying W Ranch Road / West of Centennial Boulevard) will check in at Eagle View Middle School at 1325 Vindicator Drive.
• South Division (click link for map) (South of Chuckwagon Road / North of 30th Street / West of Centennial Boulevard) will check in at the Verizon building (old MCI facility) at 2424 Garden of the Gods Road.
• Access Time: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
• Residents will be able to come and go through check points from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Area will be cleared by 6pm when mandatory evacuation orders are put back in place.
Please remember, this is still an active evacuation area with potentially hazardous conditions. Precautions should be taken to wear protective clothing, closed-toes shoes, etc. Please see the safety information sheet for details. No smoking or open flames and please use caution and best judgment. Some properties have been police taped and no entry is allowed past the tape.
No access to destroyed homes will be allowed at this time. Due to serious health and safety concerns, no sifting through debris will be allowed at this time. Safety and security personnel will be on site.
Residents whose homes are not visibly damaged will be able to enter their home, retrieve items, and are asked to take steps to secure their property, clean out refrigerators, etc. Details for the removal and disposal can also be found on the safety information sheet.
At the 4 p.m. press briefing today, additional information specific to the residents of Peregrine will be released.
» There are multiple updates to this story. Please click here to get the latest information.