Feb 3, 2014 7:00 AM by Diana Kohnle
Health Tip: Teens, Take Action to Become Healthier
(HealthDay News) -- As they age, many teens gain more control over their school activities and social lives.
The Weight-Control Information Network says they should do the same when it comes to their physical and mental health. The network offers these suggestions:
- Gradually incorporate healthy changes into your routine, rather than trying to change everything about yourself overnight.
- Keep a journal of your diet and exercise, and identify healthy changes you can make.
- Figure out which changes are most difficult for you, such as particular snacks that you can't quite resist.
- Set small, realistic goals to help you change bad habits.
- Focus on the reasons why you are making these changes -- to be healthier and feel better. Accept that setbacks will happen, but it's important to try again.
- Find a friend or family member to join you in making healthy changes.