Dec 5, 2012 7:00 AM by Diana Kohnle
Health Tip: Stay Active After a Heart Attack
(HealthDay News) -- Having a heart attack shouldn't put an end to an active lifestyle.
The American Heart Association offers these guidelines for when you resume exercise:
- Exercise only if your doctor says it's safe.
- Begin each workout with a gentle warm-up and end with a cool-down.
- Monitor the intensity of your activity, making sure it's within the recommended range.
- Monitor your heart rate and blood pressure.
- Be aware of warning signs that you're pushing yourself too hard, including chest pain, lightheadedness or feeling out of breath.