Jul 22, 2013 7:00 AM by Diana Kohnle
Health Tip: Show Genuine Interest in Your Child
(HealthDay News) -- Your child must learn to relate to his or her parents before fostering relationships with other children.
The National Center for Infants, Toddlers and Families offers this advice to parents:
- Make sure you have time each day to interact with your child, enjoying uninterrupted, unstructured activities.
- Make sure your child sees that you are genuinely interested in his or her activities. Offer positive comments and feedback.
- Show your child how to express feelings in ways that are age-appropriate.
- Recognize and respect your child's feelings.
- Limit TV time, and expose your child to playtime with peers.