Nov 6, 2012 7:00 AM by Diana Kohnle
Health Tip: Protect Your Child From Abduction
(HealthDay News) -- Worried parents can take steps to help protect their children from abduction, the American Academy of Pediatrics says.
The academy offers these suggestions:
- Keep a close and constant eye on your child when you're out shopping.
- Talk to your child's preschool about its safety policies.
- Make sure your child is always supervised by a trusted adult.
- Teach your child that he or she should never go with a stranger, even if the stranger asks for help. If approached by a stranger, the child should know to run, yell loudly and seek immediate help from a trusted adult.
- Always check references of babysitters and nannies. Seek references first from your friends and family.