Jan 29, 2013 7:00 AM by Diana Kohnle
Health Tip: Promote Healthy Teeth
(HealthDay News) -- Your pearly whites are one of the first things people notice, so it's important to keep them looking their best.
The American Dental Association suggests these healthy dental habits:
- Brush teeth twice daily for two minutes per session using a fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss your teeth at least once daily.
- Restrict starchy and sugary snacks.
- When playing sports or engaging in other physical activity, wear a mouthguard.
- Don't smoke.
- Don't pierce any part of your mouth or lips.
- Schedule regular visits with your dentist.