(HealthDay News) -- Your emotional well-being plays a significant role in your physical health, so it's important to feel good about yourself and to keep any problems in check.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers this advice for maintaining good emotional health:
- Discover healthy ways to express your emotions and learn to communicate in a positive way with others.
- Don't get carried away by strong emotions. Always take time to think before you react and speak.
- Focus on things that make you happy in your life.
- Stay physically well by getting plenty of exercise and rest.
- Eat a balanced, nutritious diet, and avoid drugs and alcohol.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.