Jun 3, 2013 7:00 AM by Diana Kohnle
Health Tip: Is Your Asthma Getting Worse?
(HealthDay News) -- Taking medications as prescribed and avoiding triggers can help keep asthma under control, but you should look for warning signs that your asthma may be worsening.
The U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute mentions these potential signs that asthma is getting worse:
- Your symptoms become more severe or occur more frequently. Or they affect you more at night and interfere with sleep.
- Symptoms are causing you to restrict usual activities or miss school or work.
- Your peak flow number has decreased from your personal best, or your results fluctuate significantly from day to day.
- Asthma medications appear to become ineffective.
- You're using a quick-relief inhaler more frequently.
- You've visited the emergency room or doctor due to an asthma attack.
If you have any of these symptoms, see your doctor without delay.