(HealthDay News) -- Arthritis can affect the many small joints in the hands, making daily tasks difficult and painful.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons mentions these warning signs of hand arthritis:
- A dull or burning pain in the hands, particularly after gripping or grasping large or heavy objects.
- Stiffness and pain that often appears in the morning. Or, pain that interferes with daily activities, such as opening jars or bottles.
- Swelling of the hand's joints.
- Joints that feel warm to the touch, or cysts forming on the joints.
- A grating or grinding sensation in one or more joints, or a feeling of instability or looseness.
Health News Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.