Oct 16, 2013 7:00 AM by Diana Kohnle
Health Tip: Exercising After Breast Cancer
(HealthDay News) -- Getting regular exercise can help breast cancer survivors regain strength and stamina.
The American Council on Exercise offers this advice:
- Before starting exercise, talk to your doctor about any limitations, restrictions, precautions or recommended fitness activities.
- Consider working with a professional fitness instructor or physical therapist who has experience with breast cancer survivors.
- Start out slowly, even if you were active before your treatment.
- Give yourself time to rest between exercise periods, and see your doctor if you have any problems.
- Seek support from other breast cancer survivors.