Mar 29, 2013 7:00 AM by Diana Kohnle
Health Tip: Dieticians Can Help Diabetics
(HealthDay News) -- Controlling your diet is an important part of managing diabetes, and working with a registered dietician (R.D.) can help.
The American Diabetes Association says an R.D. can help you:
- Learn how to balance activity and the foods you eat.
- Learn to read food labels and make the best choices.
- Create a daily meal plan.
- Plan for special events and dining out.
- Learn to incorporate ethnic foods into your diet.
- Understand how to make healthy substitutions and find helpful cookbooks.