Nov 9, 2010 1:04 PM by Greg Boyce
The Pikes Peak Workforce Center and the State Energy Sector Partnership Tuesday announced that companies in the energy efficient or renewable energy fields may be eligible for training scholarships.
The scholarships are competitive in nature, but each company may receive up to $15,000 to train current workers.
The scholarships focus on industry-recognized certifications and degrees that will help the business maintain a competitive workforce. The scholarships are for current employees and must build upon current skills and result in better performance and productivity.
To apply for the grants companies must be located in El Paso or Teller counties and must be in one of the following areas:
• Energy Efficient Building Construction and Retrofit
• Renewable Energy Power
• Energy Efficient and Advanced Drive Train Vehicles
• Deconstruction and Materials Use
• Energy Efficiency Assessment, serving residential, commercial or industrial sectors
• Manufacturers that Produce Sustainable products using environmentally sustainable processes
• Green Construction
Companies can apply online. The deadline for applications is November 30 and notification of awards will be made by December 7, 2010