Jan 8, 2013 2:52 PM by Alyse Rzemek
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - The state of Connecticut is giving $500,000 to businesses in Newtown that say they lost money because of the fallout from the school shooting there last month.
The grant will help businesses that were hurt by road closings and entrances blocked by traffic, parked vehicles and crowds paying their respects at makeshift memorials.
First Selectman E. Patricia Llodra (LOH'-drah) says as many as 16 businesses were essentially shut for nearly two weeks by a crush of traffic in the normally quiet town.
The money will be administered by Newtown. Llodra says officials have not yet drawn up a process to distribute it.
A gunman killed 20 students and six educators last month at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.
1 hour ago