Nov 10, 2009 3:10 PM by Bea Karnes
As an engineering professional, you will support the acquisition programs by development of valid and appropriate test strategies or perform system planning, research, development and other engineering tasks under the direction and guidance of the engineering Functional Manager and Functional Leads. You will be responsible for executing system or test engineering activities on complex weapon systems, elements, and/or components. Most importantly, you are in a pivotal role from your first day. Typical work assignments include:
* Identify and resolve highly complex problems crossing organizational boundaries and promulgate solutions.
* Perform mission analysis, capability requirements allocation analysis, top-level design synthesis, and functional analysis and allocation.
* Engage in concept planning; design and development; and integration, testing and verification at the BMD System, Element or Component level.
* Work in Engineering specialty areas which include but are not limited to Systems Engineering, Radars, Missiles, Targets, Command and Control, Modeling and Simulation, Kill Vehicles, Space Vehicles, Directed Energy, or Systems Architecture.
* In cooperation with coworkers, identify needs of internal and external customers and address their concerns.
* Develop and present technical briefings and reports to Senior Executives.
Starting salary range: $78,300 - $133,900 / year