Sep 20, 2010 7:25 PM by Greg Boyce
Peak Vista Family Health Centers plans to offer free prostate cancer screenings for men on Saturday from 8 to 11:30 a.m. at 225 S. Union Boulevard.
One in six men will develop prostate cancer in the course of his lifetime. The American Cancer Society reports that African American men are 50 percent more likely to develop prostate cancer than men of other racial and ethnic groups.
Screenings are available for:
• Men, 40 and older, who are at higher risk for prostate cancer, specifically:
- African Americans
- Any man with a family history of prostate cancer
• Men, 50 and older, who have:
- No family history of prostate cancer
- Not been screened for prostate cancer in the last 12 months
Reservations are required. Call the Penrose Ask-A-Nurse line at 719-776-5555 for an appointment.