Aug 1, 2012 7:18 PM by Lacey Steele
Fire officials say four people were taken to hospitals after nearly dying from carbon monoxide gas poisoning in a southeast Shelby County home.
Shelby County Fire Department spokesman Brent Perkins says a relative of the four victims called 911 after getting no response from inside the home Wednesday morning.
Firefighters found two adults in the backyard of the home.
An 18-year-old man and a 10-year-old were found unconscious on the floor inside the home.
Paramedics revived the two unconscious victims.
All four were taken to hospitals in stable condition.
Perkins says the victims were about 30 minutes from dying.
He said they were "very close to a fatal event."
The cause of the carbon monoxide leak is under investigation.
4 hours ago