News

May 12, 2011 9:34 PM by Matt Stafford

Former Pueblo man facing charges on another Vegas heist

LAS VEGAS (AP) - The 29-year-old man accused in the armed heist of $1.5 million in casino chips from the posh Bellagio resort has been charged in an earlier casino robbery that netted nearly $19,000 in cash.

Las Vegas police said Anthony Carleo was re-booked Thursday on suspicion of robbing the Suncoast Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas on Dec. 9.

Carleo is a former Pueblo resident. He entered a plea of not guilty last month for the Bellagio theft.

An arrest report says the Suncoast burglar's profile, disguise, methods and equipment all resemble the Bellagio heist five days later.

Carleo's lawyer William Terry didn't immediately respond to a call seeking comment from The Associated Press.

Police say in the arrest report that Carleo searched for "tips for robbing someone" on his computer three days before the heist, and used his cell phone near the Suncoast before and after the robbery.

 

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4