Apr 19, 2010 12:38 PM by Jamie Smith
A Pennsylvania man believes dishwashing detergent is to blame for the explosion that destroyed his dishwasher.
Terry Best started his dishwasher Monday night and went to bed. A few minutes later he heard an explosion.
When the family rushed to the kitchen they found white powder on the floor in front of the dishwasher, and when they opened it up a gaping hole.
Apparently the heating element on the bottom of the dishwasher had been split apart right above the hole in the bottom of the appliance.
Best thinks phosphorus, an ingredient in the detergent may be to blame. He contacted Proctor and Gamble, the manufacturer of the Cascade detergent, and they are sending him a claim kit.
In the meantime Best's family is using paper and plastic instead.
1 hour ago