News

Feb 12, 2012 11:48 AM by Matt Stafford

Electric blanket on cat sparks Arvada house fire

DENVER (AP) - Authorities say an electric blanket placed over a cat resting in its favorite chair sparked a fire that killed the pet and significantly damaged an Arvada home.

Scott Pribble, spokesman for the Arvada Fire Protection District, says three adults living in the home were awakened by a fire alarm just before 4 a.m. Sunday. They escaped without injury, but the fire destroyed the home's two-car garage and spread to the attic.

Pribble tells The Denver Post that freezing temperatures meant firefighters had to contend with slick conditions outside.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4