Posted: Aug 17, 2011 10:02 AM by Stephanie Collins
Updated: Aug 17, 2011 10:14 AM
At just 5.2 miles in length, the opening prologue of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge is the perfect opportunity to meet some of the riders, catch a few starts and then head to downtown Colorado Springs to catch some of the finishes, the Expo, and the award presentations.
Race officials reccommend that if you want to come out, get there early and bring a backpack with food and water, it is going to be a full-day adventure.
Here's what you need to know for race day:
* First rider is off at 1:15 p.m. from there riders go off in 60-second intervals. The last ten riders go off at 2-minute intervals.
* Teams will arrive at 11:30 a.m. and will park at the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center.
* Once the race begins, you will not be able to cross the course.
* If you are driving, your best route will be via I-25. Northbound traffic should exit at Exit 143 and follow Uintah to the west. Look for signs for spectator
parking. Southbound I-25 traffic should take exit 145 and take Filmore St. Look for signs for spectator parking.
* You will not be able to ride your bike on the race course.
* Be a good spectator and don't leave any trash for others to clean up.
* Don't paint on the roads, if you want to place a slogan on the route, use chalk.