Entertainment

Sep 20, 2013 7:58 PM by Alyse Rzemek

Disney, Bruckheimer to end longtime partnership

LOS ANGELES (AP) - The Walt Disney Co. has announced that it would not renew its first-look deal with producer Jerry Bruckheimer.

The 69-year-old Bruckheimer produced such hits for the studio as "Pirates of the Caribbean," ''National Treasure," ''Armageddon," ''Con Air" and "The Rock."

The company said it will continue to focus on its branded properties from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm.

Disney said it will keep working with Bruckheimer on the fifth installment of "Pirates of the Caribbean. The release date for the fifth movie in the series was removed from Disney's distribution schedule earlier this month. It was originally scheduled to launch July 10, 2015.

The move comes after Bruckheimer's "The Lone Ranger" failed at the box office this summer.

»Comments

More News

Colorado
Story Photo

24 minutes ago

Adams Cafe on the move

Adams Mountain Cafe makes its move this week after floods damaged the popular eatery the last two summers. But the move has...

National
Story Photo

1 hour ago

Soldier's remains return

After a decades-long mystery, the family of a World War II soldier finally has some closure. Army Sgt. William Carneal, who disappeared...

Weather - Forecast
Story Photo

5 minutes ago

Cooler Thursday

Windy early with blowing dust in some areas. Wind ending overnight tonight. An isolated thunderstorm possible early. Overnight low temperatures will drop...

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4