News

Sep 25, 2012 9:17 AM by Craig Eliot

Cooler today...better chance for much needed rain

TODAY: Cooler temps and a better chance of rain and thundershowers on tap. Still a large area of low pressure spinning to the west that will bring rain and thundershowers to the eastern half of the state, today and tonight...and rain and snow showers to western Colorado the next couple of days. Thundershowers are likely for northern El Paso and Teller counties...as well as the Wet Mountains and Sangre de Cristo's. In fact, we could see 1-3" of snow on Pike's Peak and areas at 11,000 and higher. Locally we'll see a 40% chance of thundershowers in the Springs, 30% chance for Canon City, Trinidad and Walsenburg. Pueblo should expect a 20-30% chance for storms and out east to La Junta and Lamar the chances will go down to 20% late today and tonight. Temps today will be 5-6 degrees cooler today compared to yesterday.

TONIGHT: Partly to mostly cloudy with a chance for a lingering shower or two. Temps should be a few degrees cooler tonight.

WEDNESDAY: That big area of low pressure to our west will move into the mountains and toward eastern Colorado. As it does it will bring more rain and snow to the high country and a better chance for more showers to eastern Colorado. Showers likely for Teller and El Paso Counties and much of the Front Range. Temps tomorrow will be another 4-6 degrees cooler than today! 65 in the Springs and only around 70 in Pueblo.

THURSDAY-SATURDAY: As that big storm moves east of the region we'll see more sunshine return to eastern Colorado with slightly milder temps. High all three days should be right around 70 degrees in the Springs and mid to upper 70's in Pueblo, Canon City, Trinidad and La Junta. Chances for storms will linger around the state with about a 30% possibility sticking around over the mountains and as much as a 20-30% chance in the Springs by Saturday....Pueblo all three days only a 20% chance for more much needed moisture.

SUNDAY-MONDAY: A weak cool front arrives by late Saturday and early Sunday morning. Behind the front will have plenty of sunshine and dry skies to end the weekend and start next week. Temps Sunday will be about 2-4 degrees cooler Sunday compared to Saturday. Monday will be very nice with temps about 2-4 degrees warmer than Sunday with abundant sun.

»Comments

More News

National
Story Photo

2 hours ago

3 Alarm Fire in Boston

Eleven people hurt tonight when an explosion, knocked a house off it's foundation in Boston, in the Dorchester area. It may have...

Weather - Forecast
Story Photo

13 hours ago

Rain & Snow On The Way

A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect from 6 PM tonight until 4 AM Thursday for Teller County, the Rampart Range (including...

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4