Posted: Jan 4, 2010 5:36 AM by Jamie Smith
Cigarette smoke, pet dander and tons of dust are just some of the causes of indoor allergies so common this time of year.
Doctors from Weill Cornell Medical Center say all of those things plus household cleaners and gas fumes can also trigger allergy and asthma symptoms. They recommend turning on exhaust fans when showering and cooking to keep humidity low, as mold and dust mites love moisture.
Also, use vacuums with hepa filters, and change other filters in the house every few months.