State

Sep 10, 2013 8:46 AM by Lacey Steele

Colorado boy killed by carbon monoxide

CEDAREDGE, Colo. (AP) - One boy is dead and another is in critical condition after they were apparently exposed to carbon monoxide in a camper.

According to the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel, three youths were sleeping in a camper Sunday when something caused them to be exposed to carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless gas that can cause brain damage or death.

A spokeswoman for Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children said Reid Gates died and Aaron Henrie was in critical condition.

A third youth was hospitalized in good condition.

 

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Weather - Forecast
Story Photo

10 hours ago

Playing Dodgeball with Showers

Scattered showers and a few thunderstorms have developed across southern Colorado Saturday afternoon. The chance for rain will remain in the forecast...

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4