Dec 24, 2012 12:53 PM by Kirsten Bennett
Pueblo and El Paso Counties are offering tree recycling events following the Christmas holiday.
In El Paso County, there are seven "Treecycle" drop-off locations countywide on December 29-30 and January 5-6 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· Baptist Road Trailhead.......Baptist Road & Old Denver Highway
· Falcon Trailhead................Southwest of Woodmen Road & McLaughlin Road
· Cottonwood Creek Park......Dublin Boulevard & Montarbor Drive
· Sky Sox Stadium...............Barnes Road & Tutt Boulevard
· Rock Ledge Ranch............Gateway Road (to Garden of the Gods) & 30th Street
· Memorial Park....................Pikes Peak Avenue & Union Boulevard
· Rocky Top Resources*.......1755 E. Las Vegas Street
*Rocky Top Resources will operate as an extended Treecycle site from December 26-31, 2012 and January 2-31, 2013 (CLOSED SUNDAYS) 8am - 4pm, Monday - Saturday
In Colorado Springs, a tax-deductible, minimum donation of $5 per tree will be used to support Colorado Springs Youth Sports, Inc. and the El Pomar Youth Sports Park for sports programs throughout El Paso County. For more information on the Treecycle program, access www.TreecycleCOS.org or www.elpasoco.com.
In Pueblo County, residents may drop-off their cut Christmas trees at no cost on Saturday, January 5 through Saturday, January 19 at Vision Recycled Aggregate located at 195 Vision Lane off of East 4th Street, between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Before dropping off, you must remove all decorations including tinsel, tree stands, wires or nails from trees.
Free mulch will be available to the public after 12 p.m. on Monday, January 21 on a first come, first served basis.
6 hours ago