Dec 25, 2009 2:38 PM by Elaine Sheridan
Many people spent thier holiday making sure local people in need got a warm Christmas dinner. The Salvation Army and US Army Fort Carson partnered again for The Salvation Army Community Holiday Dinners served from 10:30 – 3:00 pm at 6 locations.
1. The Salvation Army 908 Yuma Street
2. Fountain Valley Senior Center 5725 Southmoor Drive
3. Manitou Springs Town Hall 606 Manitou Avenue
4. New Song Christian Fellowship 5515 Palmer Park Blvd.
5. The Marian House 14 W. Bijou
6. The Salvation Army Canteen at Mitchell High School (parking lot) 14 W. Bijou
Old Chicago's downtown restaurant and Pikes Peak Community Action Agency partnered to serve dinner and provide clothing to 500 needy people during their annual "Miracle on Tejon Street" event that ends at 2:30pm.
In Pueblo, dinner was served at Union Depot at the corner of Victoria and D Street. It was sponsored by the Wayside Cross Gospel Rescue Mission. Doors opened at 11:30 and food wil be served until 1:30 . The Texas Roadhouse in Pueblo invited 200 people to have Christmas dinner at 2pm. Guest includes Salvation Army volunteers and needy volunteers.