Fire

May 15, 2011 11:24 AM by James H Egbert

Chimney fire sends homeowners into damp morning

Crews from the Colorado Springs and Broadmoor Fire Departments have responded to the 2400 block of Strickler Road on the city's Southwest side on the report of a structure fire. When first crews arrived they found smoke then flames pouring out of a masonry chimney.

The occupants of the home evacuated safely to a neighbor's home as fire crews quickly worked to extinguish the fire before it could spread to the rest of the structure.

The fire was put out quickly and crews are currently investigating cautiously for any possibility that the fire could have gotten into any vent or attic spaces which could smolder for hours and eventually spark into a far more damaging fire.

 

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4