State

Nov 28, 2013 4:04 PM by Juice Godfrey

Chimney fire prompts Broomfield evacuations

BROOMFIELD, Colo. (AP) - A Thanksgiving morning chimney fire in Broomfield led to evacuations for a four-unit condominium building and one injury.

The Denver Post reports that one person was treated for possible smoke inhalation but wasn't burned.

Firefighters were called at about 4 a.m. When they arrived they saw heavy smoke and fire shooting up through the chimney. The roof was on fire.

The firefighters extinguished the blaze by 4:33 a.m. and remained at the scene until 5 a.m. to ensure it did not spread to the walls or attic.

The resident of the unit where the fire broke out was displaced.

»Comments

More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4