Jan 10, 2014 6:30 PM by Jordan Mason
The following information is provided to assist ticket holders attending the AFC Divisional Playoff between the Broncos and the San Diego Chargers on Sunday, January 12th at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Kickoff is scheduled for 2:40 PM MST. Fans should arrive at stadium gates no later than 1:45 PM to minimize delays or inconvenience.
Parking Lots: Early Tailgating spaces open at 8:00 AM. All parking lots open at 9:30 AM.
Stadium Gates: All Gates at 12:30 PM. Gate #2 and #7 open for United Club and suite tickets at 11:30 AM.
Kickoff: Kickoff is scheduled for 2:40 PM MST.
Go to www.SportsAuthorityFieldatMileHigh.com for additional game day information.
STADIUM BAG POLICY
Fans are reminded of the new NFL bag policy which limits and restricts the size and type of bag permitted into the stadium. The Broncos and NFL strongly encourage all attendees not to bring any bags, however fans will be permitted to carry the following:
· One clear bag no larger than 12" by x 6" x 12" OR a one-gallon clear freezer bag (Ziploc or similar).
· Fans may also carry a small clutch purse no larger than 6.5" x 4.5", with or without a strap, in addition to the larger clear bag.
· Each ticket holder, including children, may carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
TIPS & SUGGESTIONS
Fans will pass through two security checks upon arriving at gates. At the first, a short distance from the gate, staff will visually verify the size and type of any bags being carried in to ensure they meet NFL requirements. At the second checkpoint at the gate itself, the contents of all bags will be inspected and fans will be screened with a hand-held metal detector.
· Confirm all bags meet NFL requirements.
· Remove any blankets or other large, bulky items from bags and carry in hand. When bag contents are clearly visible to security staff, the bag can be inspected without requiring any contents to be removed. If items conceal contents of a bag, security will require they be removed in order for screening to take place, delaying the process.
· At the first checkpoint, present all bags to the security person so they may quickly verify bags are of the required size & type. Contents of bags will not be inspected until the second check point at the gate itself.
· For metal detector screening, remove any keys, coins or other metal objects from your pockets and hold these in hand
Click for: Additional Bag Policy Information
Parking in on-site, stadium lots are reserved primarily for season ticket holders with pre-sold permits. A limited number of single-game spaces are available for fans without permits, however quantities are limited and are sold on a first-come, first-served basis ($30-$20 cash only). Single game spaces historically sell out by 12:30 PM or earlier.
Parking spaces will be sold at the Pepsi Center and Auraria Campus at $ 15 / space, cash only. Both the Pepsi Center and Auraria Campus are a 10-minute walk to the stadium.
PARKING IN NEIGHBORHOOD STREETS IS ILLEGAL. VIOLATORS WILL BE TICKETED AND TOWED.
Sports Authority Field at Mile High Station
The C, E, or W light rail lines stop at the Sports Authority Field at Mile High Station, an 8 minute walk to the stadium. Fans may also take the D or H lines and transfer to the C or E lines at I-25 & Broadway, Alameda, or 10th & Osage stations. Please note: Regular one-way fares apply. Fans should purchase route trip tickets at their boarding station to avoid delays after the game.
The new Decatur Federal station, also an 8 minute walk to the stadium, is part of the recently completed West Corridor Light Rail Line, an extension of light rail 12.1 miles to the West connecting downtown Union Station and the Federal Center in Golden.
RTD BRONCOS RIDE SHUTTLES
Broncos Ride shuttle busses transport fans to Sports Authority Field at Mile High from park and ride lots throughout the metropolitan area. Busses depart park and rides 2 ½ to 1 hour prior to kickoff and stage in Lot A outside Gate 9 for fans to board following the game for the return trip. Round trip fares range from $ 4.50 to $ 10.00 depending upon your departure point. Round-trip tickets may be purchased at ticket vending machines or the ticket booths at select light rail stations.
FEDERAL & MARKET STREET SHUTTLE
The Federal Shuttle and Market Street Station Shuttle operate every three to five minutes starting two hours prior to kickoff until 10 minutes after kickoff. Following the game, service resumes with the last bus departing 45 minutes following the conclusion of the game.
The Federal Shuttle stops at Lincoln High School (2285 South Federal Blvd) and at bus stops along Federal Boulevard to the stadium. The Market Street Shuttle departs from the Market Street Station located at the corner of the 16th Street Mall and Market Street in downtown Denver
1 hour ago