Colorado

Jul 7, 2014 6:27 PM by Leah Kraus

Both neighbor and little girl credited with saving family during fire

Both a little girl and a neighbor are being credited with saving a family after a fire erupted at their E. Boulder St. apartment early Monday morning.

The Colorado Springs Fire Department has confirmed to News 5 that the fire was caused by careless disposal of smoking materials.

Six people were evacuated from the house.

11-year-old Anna Cameron says she was sleeping in her room when she heard her neighbor screaming outside the house. She immediately got up and woke up her grandpa and father.

She credits fire safety classes at her school for teaching her how to react.

"When we have fire drills and we have to go outside, we have to work really fast and you have to jump up and then run outside," she says.

Both the After the Fire Program and Red Cross are providing aid to the family.

 

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4