Oct 20, 2009 9:07 AM by Associated Press
Authorities investigating the family accused of perpetrating the balloon boy hoax to promote a reality show say they don't expect to bring possible charges until at least next week.
Larimer County sheriff's spokeswoman Eloise Campanella says investigators don't anticipate finishing their reports and presenting them to the district attorney's office until next week. It will then be up to prosecutors to decide whether to file charges against Richard Heene or his wife, Mayumi.
The couple's lawyer, David Lane, said earlier in the day that he expected charges to be filed by tomorrow. Police accuse Richard Heene of claiming his 6-year-old son was adrift in the balloon over Colorado to promote a reality show. The boy turned up safe hours later.
Authorities are also trying to track down a colleague of Heene's, after e-mails surfaced showing the two had discussed a balloon hoax months ago.
1 hour ago