State

Mar 6, 2011 3:18 PM by AP

Avon condo fire forces evacuations

AVON, Colo. (AP) - Authorities say thirty people were forced to leave their apartments and one was treated for smoke inhalation because of a condo fire in Avon.

Firefighters say the fire behind a bathroom ceiling fan in an apartment unit was reported at about 5:30 a.m. Sunday. KUSA-TV reports that 22 firefighters extinguished the fire at about 7:15 a.m.

Residents were sent to a nearby elementary school where
Salvation Army volunteers provided assistance.
---
Information from: KUSA-TV, http://www.9news.com

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

 

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Weather - Forecast
Story Photo

10 hours ago

Warm Till Saturday

Temperatures start to climb again for Friday and Saturday where many locations will be in the 70s. However, by Saturday, the clouds...

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4