News

Apr 8, 2012 4:52 PM by Kate Richards, Jacqui Heinrich

Apartments evacuated, Hazmat called in

Four apartments were evacuated after residents noticed an odor smelling like battery acid at the Casa del Rey Apartments in Colorado Springs.

Hazmat was called in to investigate what residents speculated could be a meth lab, but it was determined that the odor came from some cooking pots that had been left unattended.

Officials are calling it an "innocent mistake" and urging people to keep track of their stoves to prevent kitchen fires.

Hazmat is in the process of airing out the building with industrial strength fans to allow residents back inside.

 

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Weather - Forecast
Story Photo

8 minutes ago

Playing Dodgeball with Showers

Scattered showers and a few thunderstorms have developed across southern Colorado Saturday afternoon. The chance for rain will remain in the forecast...

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4