Local

Mar 23, 2011 3:09 PM by Greg Boyce

Apartment fire caused by room fan

The Colorado Springs Fire Department says the fire yesterday at the Camelot Apartments was caused by an electrical problem.

The fire forced the closure of Airport Road and the evacuation of several apartments.

Investigators have traced the start of the fire to a room fan that was sitting on its own cord.  That eventually led to an electrical problem which heated up combustible materials and caused the fire.

This was a two alarm fire and CSFD responded with five fire engines, four fire trucks and nine support apparatus throughout the course of the fire. CSFD had over 50 firefighters on scene working to put out the fire. One firefighter was injured while working this fire. The fire spread quickly through the walls and into the attic. Six units were affected by the fire, four of which are a total loss.

 

 

Related Stories

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4