News

Sep 28, 2012 8:45 PM by Bill Folsom

3 months since the Waldo Canyon Fire

Three months ago this week the Waldo Canyon Fire devastated the Mountain Shadows neighborhood. Today is one of the first deadlines for property owners. In the interest of public safety there is a requirement to have their permits for clean-up and removal of debris. Managers with regional building say 94% of property owners have their permits. The other 6% will be gently encouraged to comply. "It isn't that they don't want to do it, but it's maybe because of insurance, or it's a disagreement between spouses whether the want to continue to live in the area or not," said Bob Croft with Pike Peak Regional Building Department

There is one home being rebuilt that is nearing completion, but it is an exception. Most property owners are still navigating the recovery and planning process. Of the nearly 350 homes that were destroyed, there have been only 20 permits issued for building.

»Comments

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4