Colorado

Aug 18, 2014 8:23 PM by Associated Press

13 kids hospitalized after visiting hotel pool

DENVER (AP) - Thirteen children were briefly hospitalized Monday after complaining of burning eyes and itchy throats after swimming in a hotel pool.

The boys and girls were aged 6 to 17. All swallowed water from a pool Sunday at a Homewood Suites near Denver International Airport.

KUSA-TV reports that the kids were released an hour later and that all are fine. They were back at the hotel Monday. The kids belong to a Young Marines group visiting from Delaware.

The pool was closed Monday. The Denver health department says chlorine levels in the pool were a little ow, but they're not sure if that's what made the kids sick.

Other people in the pool were not affected.

The general manager of the hotel says they've never had any issues like this.

»Comments

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4