SOD INSTALLATION TIPS:
Before you get started make sure you have the following items:
Sod Knife, Starter fertilizer & spreader, Wheelbarrow, and a rake.
1. If you haven't used a contractor to prepare the soil, make sure the area where you are going to lay sod has been raked smooth and is free from clumps of dirt or weeds.
2. Apply starter fertilizer before you lay any sod. This gives the new grass food to nourish it in the first few weeks. Apply at the rate of 10 pounds per 1000 sq. ft.
3. Start laying the sod from the back of the property line along the longest straight edge. Work away from this line so you don't step on fresh sod. Stagger the ends (like bricks) to offset the seams. Butt all edges and ends to fit together tightly. If your yard has an irregular shape, use a string line to establish a straight line and work from there. Ensure each roll of sod has sufficient contact with the soil because any air pockets will prevent proper rooting.
4. Trim all edges around trees, sprinkler heads, sidewalks and curves with your sod knife. It is recommended not to use small thin strips or scraps as smaller pieces tend to dry out quickly and fail to root.
5. As soon as you have finished about 30 minutes work, lightly water what you have installed. Repeat this as many times as necessary until the entire job is complete. Start irrigation system or water with a hose IMMEDIATELY upon completion. If your Sod is not watered immediately after it is laid, the Sod could shrink due to lack of water leaving gaps around the edge of the Sod.
Please pick-up a free Sod installation guide with our guarantee. http://www.schubertsod-depot.com
Ceiling Fans AND A/C together - Why?
Colorado has one of the best climates for natural comfort in the warm seasons that you could ask for.
During many of the summer days we aren't required to run our Air Conditioning, and some of us still don't have A/C at all.
The homes equipped with, and those not equipped with Air Conditioning have one thing in common, they both benefit greatly from the addition of ceiling fans in the bedrooms and living rooms.
A ceiling fan can increase the comfort of a living space by lowering the feeling of the air by a full 10 degrees, and that's without the use of A/C. Now add A/C to the mix and you can quickly see how the use of A/C can be cut back in a large way, which of course will leave more money in your wallet and less paid out in your energy bill.
One thing we all have in common is that we like to be comfortable while sleeping, and with the simple addition of a ceiling fan to at least the bedrooms, especially those on the upper floors, we can cut the use of Air Conditioning at night when you will appreciate the cool air the most and have no options for going to a different room.
Contact The WireNut today for your prompt, professional installation by a licensed electrician - all backed by our industry leading 3 year warranty!
And if you don't have A/C at all and would like a free consultation then we can also get you whole home A/C installed the following day in most cases.
KOAA 5 CONTEST RULES
1. Contestants must be at least eighteen (18) years old, have a valid driver's license (or other valid government issued i.d.) and must be a resident of the United States to participate. Contestants must have proof of citizenship (passport or state issued birth certificate along with a photo ID). Some contests may require that you be twenty-one (21) years of age.
2. Illegible or incomplete entry forms will be discarded.
3. The winners will be notified by e-mail and/or by phone by KOAA. The prize cannot be transferred or exchanged. Winner may call KOAA to claim the prize if they learn their name has been drawn as set out in paragraph 3 above. Neither KOAA nor Sponsors shall have any responsibility for failure to claim any prize based on mechanical or printing errors, or allegations of telephone difficulties.
4. As a condition to being eligible to enter the Contest, or to receive any prize, all Contestants are by their entries submitted, subject to the terms of these Official Contest Rules as well as the statements contained in the entry form itself. As a condition to being awarded the grand prize, the winners must execute a written release of KOAA and Sponsors from any and all liability arising out of participation in the Contest and receipt and use of the prizes. (See "Agreements & Releases" below.)
5. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, levied on the receipt of the prizes shall be the sole responsibility of the winners. The prizes are not transferable to third parties nor can they be resold, exchanged, or redeemable for cash.
6. All decisions of KOAA 5 and Sponsors are final.
7. Determination of the eligibility and acceptability of all entries, Contestants and winner(s) are in the sole discretion of KOAA 5 and the Sponsors and are final.
8. Winners must show proof of identification, including social security number (for tax purposes, if prize value is $500 or more), and sign an affidavit of eligibility and release.
9. Contestants are subject to and will follow, adhere to and obey the instructions and rules contained in these Official Contest Rules, and such other rules and regulations as may be established from time to time by KOAA 5 and the Sponsors. KOAA 5 and Sponsors reserve the right to change the rules and/or discontinue this contest at any time without prior notice.
10. No Contestant and no member of the Contestant's immediate family (spouse, ex-spouse, parents, siblings, children) or household members (whether related or not) shall be employees, officers, directors, representatives or agents of KOAA, Sponsors or of any other contractor or sponsor associated with this contest.
11. All Contestants shall abide by, follow and adhere to the decency rules established by the FCC and by KOAA 5 and the Sponsors and shall not have been convicted of a felony of any kind.
12. Contestants are not, nor shall he or she for any purposes be considered, an employee of KOAA 5 or Sponsors, nor have any such opportunities been offered or promised to the Contestant, and participation in the Contest shall not be construed in any manner to constitute any offer of any such opportunities. The Contestants are not eligible for any benefits of any kind from KOAA 5 or Sponsors of any nature whatsoever by virtue of his or her participation in the Contest.
13. The maximum number of times a contestant may enter a contest varies by contest. Once you have reached the maximum, the contest system will alert you.