Posted 3:57 AM 1/18/2013 by Andy Koen
PEYTON - A man was burned after a fire broke out in a workshop on his property in the 12200 block of Smith Road early Friday morning. Firefighters from the Falcon Fire Department were called to the property at around 1:30 a.m.
The man reportedly suffered minor burns to his hands and face. He was treated by paramedics at the scene but was not taken by ambulance to the hospital.
Posted 2:55 PM 1/16/2013 by Andy Koen
COLORADO SPRINGS - The fire department at Peterson Air Force Base conducted live training exercises Wednesday afternoon on the west side of the installation. While the training is routine, smoke and flames were visible from the Powers Boulevard corridor.
The base issued a news release (More)
Posted 11:03 PM 1/9/2013 by Andy Koen
COLORADO SPRINGS - American Medical Response has a government-endorsed monopoly for the ambulance service in Colorado Springs and El Paso County. Their contract is up for renewal at the end of the year and Mayor Steve Bach wants to see if the city's really getting the best deal.
"More and (More)
Posted 12:55 PM 12/31/2012 by Lacey Steele
A fire is still burning inside the old Alpha Beta Meat Packing building in Pueblo.
It shut down roads over night, but they are now reopened.It all started around 10:30 last night, and it could take until tomorrow to fully extinguish.Fire crews have been on the defensive (More)
Posted 8:41 PM 12/21/2012 by Juice Godfrey
Firefighters were called out to a structure fire around 7:30 p.m. tonight on Leta Dr. That's just off of Hallam Ave. in Security.
When firefighters arrived they found heavy smoke and flames coming from the chimney. They say the fire was contained to the fire box and did not spread to the rest of the home.
It took crews about ten minutes to get the fire under control.
Firefighters want to remind everyone with a fireplace to get it cleaned every year.