OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
SOUTHERN COLORADO ROAD TRIP CONTEST
EXPLANATION OF CONTEST RULES
1. The KOAA5/Southern Colorado Road Trip Contest (“the Contest”) is a contest sponsored by KOAA5, Heuberger Motors, and Loaf ‘n Jug (hereinafter “Sponsor”) and subject to these Official Contest Rules.
2. No purchase is necessary. To enter the Contest, watch News5 at 10pm Monday through Friday nights to obtain the contest city name of the day. Fill out the registration form on our website, www.koaa.com, including submission of each day’s city name. Contestants can register from 4/23/15 through 5/20/15.
3. One (1) winner will be selected every Monday through Friday during the contest period. Those daily winners will each receive one (1) fifty dollar ($50) gas card from Loaf ‘n Jug. Daily winners will be contacted by email and their prizes can be picked up at either the Colorado Springs or Pueblo KOAA studio locations. If a winner lives more than 30 miles from one of these locations, gas card will be mailed to the address provided on their entry form.
4. One (1) grand prize winner will be selected on 5/21/15 to receive one (1) 2015 Subaru Crosstrek from Heuberger Motors. The winners will be contacted in person, by phone, or by email. The grand prize is valued at $26,547.
1. Contestants must be at least twenty-one (21) years old, have a valid driver’s license and must be a legal resident of the State of Colorado to participate. Contestants must have proof of citizenship (passport or state issued birth certificate along with a photo ID).
2. Illegible or incomplete entry forms will be discarded.
3. The winners will be notified by e-mail, phone, or in person by KOAA5. Winners may call KOAA5 to claim the prize if they learn their name has been drawn as set out in paragraph 3 above. Neither KOAA5 nor Sponsors shall have any responsibility for failure to claim any prize based on mechanical or printing errors, or allegations of telephone or email difficulties.
4. As a condition to being eligible to enter the Contest, or to receive any prize, all Contestants are, by their entries submitted, subject to the terms of these Official Contest Rules as well as the statements contained in the entry form itself. As a condition to being awarded the grand prize, the winners must execute a written release of KOAA5 and Sponsors from any and all liability arising out of participation in the Contest and receipt and use of the prizes. (See “Agreements & Releases” below.)
5. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, levied on the receipt of the prizes shall be the sole responsibility of the winners. The prizes are not transferable to third parties nor can they be resold, exchanged, or redeemable for cash.
6. All decisions of KOAA5 and Sponsors are final.
7. Determination of the eligibility and acceptability of all entries, Contestants and winner(s) are at the sole discretion of KOAA5and the Sponsors and are final.
8. Winners must show proof of identification, including social security number, and sign an affidavit of eligibility and release.
9. Contestants are subject to and will follow, adhere to and obey the instructions and rules contained in these Official Contest Rules, and such other rules and regulations as may be established from time to time by KOAA5and the Sponsors. KOAA5and Sponsors reserve the right to change the rules and/or discontinue this contest at any time without prior notice.
10. No Contestant and no member of the Contestant’s immediate family (spouse, ex-spouse, parents, siblings, children) or household members (whether related or not) shall be employees, officers, directors, representatives or agents of KOAA5, Sponsors or of any other contractor or sponsor associated with this contest.
11. All Contestants shall abide by, follow and adhere to the decency rules established by the FCC and by KOAA5 and the Sponsors and shall not have been convicted of a felony of any kind.
12. Contestants are not, nor shall he or she for any purposes be considered, an employee of KOAA5or Sponsors, nor have any such opportunities been offered or promised to the Contestant, and participation in the Contest shall not be construed in any manner to constitute any offer of any such opportunities. The Contestants are not eligible for any benefits of any kind from KOAA5 or Sponsors of any nature whatsoever by virtue of his or her participation in the Contest.
AGREEMENTS & RELEASES
1. Contestant hereby consents to the broadcasting, publicizing use and reuse by KOAA5 and Sponsors, each of their parents, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, general or limited partners and their current and former directors, officers, shareholders, members, managers, agents, insurers, attorneys and employees, each of their predecessors, successors, and assigns, and their heirs, executors, administrators, estates, personal representatives, agents, attorneys, successors and assigns, (collectively “Releasees”) of Contestant’s voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, and any information contained in Contestant’s application to be a contestant in the Contest (collectively “Likeness”) as edited, altered, or modified by the Releasees, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in any and all versions, worldwide in perpetuity, in or in connection with the Contest. Contestant agrees the Releasees may use all or any part of Contestant’s Likeness, and may alter or modify it regardless of whether or not Contestant is recognizable. Contestant further agrees that KOAA5 may use Contestant’s Likeness and the materials in connection with any promotion, publicity, marketing or advertisement for the Contest. Contestant grants the rights hereunder whether or not Contestant is selected to participate in the Contest in any manner whatsoever and whether Contestant is the winner of any prize. Contestant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any and all claims, actions, lawsuits, liabilities and expenses arising out of or relating to its use of Contestant’s Likeness. Contestant agrees not to make any claim against Releasees as a result of his or her submission of an entry in the Contest or the use of Contestant’s Likeness (including, without limitation, any claim that such use invades any right of privacy and/or publicity). Contestant understands that Contestant will not be paid any money for giving Releasees these rights, or for signing this Agreement. This Release shall be binding upon the heirs, executors, assigns, trustees and administrators of the undersigned.
2. The Contestant shall and does hereby release, indemnify, hold harmless and discharge KOAA5 and Sponsors, each of their parents, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, general or limited partners and their current and former directors, officers, shareholders, members, managers, agents, insurers, attorneys and employees, each of their predecessors, successors, and assigns, and their heirs, executors, administrators, estates, personal representatives, agents, attorneys, successors and assigns, (any or all of the preceding a “Related Party(ies)) from any and all claims, causes of action, suits, liabilities, debts, obligations, rights, costs, expenses, damages and controversies of any nature or cause whatsoever (“Claims”), from the beginning of recorded time to the date hereof, including, but not limited to, those Claims arising out of or related to the Contestant’s participation in the Contest, that the Contestant, his or her successors, assigns, heirs, personal representatives, parents, legal guardians, agents and attorneys, have, ever had, or hereafter may have against KOAA5or Sponsors, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, suspected or unsuspected, and whether caused or contributed to by KOAA5 or Sponsors. This Release shall be binding upon the heirs, executors, trustees and administrators of the undersigned.
Contestant hereby acknowledges that: (i) I have read the previous paragraphs of this document carefully, understand it and have been given the answers to any questions I might have had; (ii) I have honestly and accurately completed the application provided to me; (iii) I will immediately inform KOAA5 and the Sponsors if any information I have provided becomes false or incomplete; (iv) if any of the above information is found to be false or incomplete, it will be grounds for dismissal at any time from the Contest selection or prize-winning opportunity process; (v) even if I meet the above eligibility requirements, KOAA5 and the Sponsors have no obligation to consider my entry or award me any prize, same interview me, and/or select me as a contestant; (vi) even if I am selected as a contestant, or even if I am the winner of any prize, KOAA5 has no obligation to conduct the Contest or to broadcast or otherwise display my Likeness, even if the Contest is conducted; (vii) all decisions by KOAA5 concerning selection of the contestants are final and not subject to challenge or appeal; and (viii) KOAA5 has no obligation to return any materials submitted by me whether or not I am selected as a contestant or if I win any kind of prize.
I have read the foregoing, understand the Explanation of Contest Rules, Conditions and Agreements & Releases and hereby agree to all of the terms and conditions as set forth above in consideration of making application to be a contestant in the KOAA5/Southern Colorado Road Trip Contest.
CONTESTANT PRINTED NAME
Social Security Number